Saturday, March 22, 2008

Dan in Real Life...a must watch


A few nights ago my wife and I went to Blockbuster and rented "Dan in Real Life" for our regular movie night. I never really heard about this movie before except for a few commercials and that big billboard on the way to downtown Los Angeles. Although I've definitely heard of Steve Carrell... that hilarious guy from the movie 40 yr. old virgin. What came unexpected was that we thought this was another corny romantic comedy with cheap jokes but it turned out to be laugh-out-loud funny with a bit of tear jerkers (it was my wife who cried most of the time, I swear!). I recommend this movie not only because of its quick laughs and wit but also because of its message about how life is full of surprises... pleasant or awful. It also reminded me of the imporant things in life... your family and your true love. I leave you with the best quote from the movie (it kinda reminded me of how my life is as an independent artist):
"Life plans, how we all make them and how we hope that our kids make good, smart, safe plans of their own. But if we’re really honest with ourselves, most of the time our plans don’t work out, as we’d hope. So instead of asking our young people “what are your plans? What do you plan to do with your life?” Maybe we should tell them this: plan to be surprised."

No comments: